Regulation of the Aquaculture Industry in Western Australia

If you wish to farm fish for commercial purposes in Western Australia, under the Fish Resources Management Act 1994 you require an Aquaculture Licence issued by the Department of Fisheries.

For information on the Aquaculture Licensing approval process, to gain access to the Application Forms and determine the costs that apply, go to the Department of Fisheries website using the following link:

The Management and Licensing of Aquaculture in WA

It is always a good idea to discuss your proposal and any subsequent Application for an Aquaculture Licence with the Department of Fisheries (and ACWA) before submission.  This can save considerable time and avoid delays in having the licence issued.